The Service Technicians duties include performing all vehicle Warranty and non-Warranty inspection, diagnostic, maintenance and repair work efficiently and competently to Dealership standards. The technician is also responsible for installing accessories and performing vehicle pre-delivery inspections and preparation work. The Technician is required to maintain current product knowledge and service needs as prescribed in technical bulletins, manuals, and training programs.
• Perform work as described on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Manufacturer Standards
• Diagnose the cause of vehicle, gasoline, electric or diesel, malfunctions. Recommend and estimate any appropriate repairs. Upon completion of repairs vehicle will be road tested
• Examine vehicles to identify necessary repair or maintenance items that may not be included on the repair order and communicate to Service Advisor
• Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts
• Communicate with Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined on repair order is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed by the time promised
• Clearly and accurately document all work performed
• Industry leading pay plan
• Paid General Motors Technical Training
• Uniform provided
• Health benefits
• Automotive Technician: 4 years preferred
• Ontario Motor Vehicle Repair License: 310s Red Seal required
• Driver’s License required
If you are looking for a great working environment, this is your opportunity.