2017 CHEVROLET IMPALA: THE DESIGN IS IN THE DETAILS
The Chevrolet Impala full-size sedan receives several updates and changes for the 2017 model year - the fourth year that the tenth-generation model is on the market.
Updates and Changes
The most notable change to the 2017 Impala is that the LTZ trim has been renamed to Premier, as per Chevy's plan to replace LTZ with Premier across the lineup. But despite the name change, the 2017 Chevy Impala continues to be offered in three models, just like the 2016 model it replaces:
- LS (1GX69)
- LT (1GY69)
- Premier (1GZ69)
Two exterior colors - Citron Green Metallic and Jet Black/Mojave - are deleted while two new ones - Arctic Blue Metallic and Pepperdust Metallic - are added. Plus, the Jet Black/Wheat interior replaces Jet Black/Mojave. The new interior color combo is available exclusively on LT and Premier trims and is pegged for late availability.
Finally, the LT equipment group gets streamlined from three trims for 2016 (1LT, 2LT, 2LT/CNG) to:
- 1LT with the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine standard and available 3.6L V6 LFX engine, and
- 3LT/CNG with the 3.6L V6 LFR engine
Stay connected to the entertainment you love and the information you want with available built-in OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi connectivity and with available Chevrolet MyLink touch-screen display, you can send and receive texts, play music and more.
- Apple CarPlay Compatibility: Impala offers support for Apple CarPlay a smarter way to use your iPhone to listen to music, get directions, call friends and more
- Android Auto Compatibility: If Android is more your style, available Android Auto compatibility lets you connect your compatible smartphone to access your calendar, playlists and select apps such as Google maps
- myChevrolet Mobile App: Never wonder if you locked your car or forget where you parked. This easy to use RemoteLink Mobile App allows you to control certain features of your Impala from anywhere. If your vehicle is properly equipped you can start your Impala remotely; lock/unlock doors; manage available OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi connection; send directions to your vehicle with available OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation
Some of the most impressive Impala features are the ones you can't see. In addition to a host of standard safety features like 10 airbags, OnStar Automatic Crash Response and StabiliTrak, Impala offers many available safety systems like Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and Available Side Blind Zone Alert. It is no wonder that the 2017 Impala received a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score for safety from NHTSA.