Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
A POWERFUL SOLUTION FOR ANY JOB: THE 2016 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500HD
Developing upon an already solid reputation for being the ultimate in impressive work trucks, the stunning Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD offers a strong foundation for trucks everywhere. When you're conducting a heavy-duty job, you need a heavy-duty truck that you can rely on, and the Silverado 3500HD Chassis Cab provides a hard-working solution. Based on the heavy-duty pickup trucks that came before them, the Silverado 3500HD models continue to offer both crew cab body styles and regular cab styles. Those interested in the regular cab models can obtain either 162-inch wheelbase lengths or 137.5-inch wheelbase lengths, whereas the crew cab option comes with the single 171.5 inch base. The length of the cab to axle is approximately 60 inches for the regular cab/137.5 inch wheelbase configuration, whereas for the regular cab 162-inch wheelbase configuration it is 84 inches.
The Hauling Hero
If you need a pickup truck that's an expert at hauling, you need look no further than the Chevrolet Silverado. This truck has capabilities that make it perfect for any hauling task, with a maximum GVWR rating of approximately 13,200 lbs. In all models, a V-8, 6.0L gas engine comes as standard, with a Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel and Allison 1000 automatic transmission available. The Silverado 3500HD is also offered in LT and WT trims, and each comes in either 4WD or 2WD, featuring dual rear wheels. The Duramax engine (Diesel) is rated at around 765 lb-ft of torque and is also available for purchase.
Further highlights of the new 2016 lineup include:
- A smart exhaust brake feature that offers reduced brake pad wear and improved control on various terrains
- A reinforced C-channel rear frame and fully-boxed front frame
- A standard 240 litre fuel capacity
- Seventeen-inch wheels
- Frontal airbags as standard
- Available skid plate package
- Available power take-off
- Available snow-prep package
- Four wheel anti-lock disc brakes
The Silverado 3500HD can also be accessed with the impressive OnStar Connections and Directions for 6 months. As the leading provider of connectivity, security, and safety solutions, OnStar changes the face of advanced IT everywhere. What's more, the RemoteLink OnStar app makes it possible for smartphone users to access the functions of their vehicle from anywhere with a secure connection - whether they want to start the engine, turn on lights, access the radio or lock doors.
An Amazing Exterior Aesthetic
All of the 2016 3500HD Chevrolet Silverado models can be recognized easily on the street by their stunning louvered design and dome-style hood. The distinctive design aspects of the Silverado also feature a chrome-surround wide grille, alongside a full-width front steel bumper. Some of the other exterior features you can expect to see in the 3500HD Silverado include:
- Impressive dual-halogen headlights
- Camper-style folding mirrors as standard with power-adjustable/heated features available
- Eight-lug, seventeen-inch steel wheels as standard
- Polished aluminum wheels can be accessed on the crew cab LT model
- Smoked amber roof lamps
A number of brand new colors have also been made available for the exterior of the 3500HD, including blue granite metallic, black, graystone, ruby, white, red and more.
Notable Interior Features
The priorities that command the interior of the Silverado 3500HD include convenience and comfort. Whether you're on the road or on the job, you'll be sure to find excellent quality throughout, as every aspect of the interior is carefully created to meet your needs. The cab is filled with thoughtful extras and various storage compartments that allow you to safely hold everything from laptops to working gloves.
If you do work from your truck, you'll know that technology is also an important aspect to have on board, and the Silverado 3500HD comes with SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth phone connectivity, OnStar Connections and Directions as a six month trial. There are also two USB ports to allow for multiple connections from electronic devices.
If you live in a cold-weather climate, you'll be happy to know that the Duramax 6.6L engine is sure to heat up quickly, with a starting time that contends with impressive gas engines. The plug-cycle time for the engine takes nothing more than a tiny three seconds even in temperatures that are as low as -29C. Other features of the interior that you might enjoy include:
- Available leather seating services
- Rear 40/60 split fold-up bench seat in the crew cab option
- Reclining 40/20/20 seat as standard
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard tilt steering and cruise control
- Available power-adjustable pedals
- Available power-operated sliding windows
Excellent Powertrain Performance
Beneath the bold hood of the 3500HD Silverado, you'll find a variable-valve-timing V-8 6.0L gas engine paired with a 6L90 Hydra-matic automatic transmission as standard. Offering amazing efficiency and performance with a particular kick in low-rpm performance, the combination is rated at 380 lb-ft of torque and 322 horsepower. An alternative Allison 1000 transmission and Duramax 6.6L engine is also available on all models. Highlights of the available powertrain include:
- Up to 765 lb-ft of torque
- A rating of 397 horsepower
- Exhaust brake system for better slowdown on hills with minimal brake usage
- High pressure fuel system for improved performance, fuel efficiency and reduced emissions
- After-treatment and combustion both optimized to offer around 1,125 km between diesel regenerations
- Catalytic reduction system after-treatment with DEF injection to provide the best performance and characteristics possible
- Biodiesel B20 alternative fueling option
Drivetrain, Suspension and Chassis
The Chassis Cab models of the 3500HD are based on the heavy-duty design that Silverado is known for, including a hydro formed, fully boxed front frame. The front gross axle weight ratings are supported by four different torsion bars for enhanced stability of various models under different loads, while improving handling, alignment, and durability. The suspension at the front of the vehicle is armed with a torsion bar/short-long arm design made with precision cast iron lower control arms and steel upper control arms. At the rear, you will find a highly-tested leaf spring suspension for the dual-rear-wheel axle. Every model in the 3500HD option is available in both 4WD and 2WD.
Further features include:
- Available automatically locking rear axle
- Available wide-track rear axle
- 4.10 or 3.73 axle ratios
- Duramax Diesel available power take-off
- Available heavy-duty dual batteries
- 125-amp alternators available
- External engine oil cooling system
- External transmission cooler
- Integrated brake controller